BlogMas 2016 Day Six - Airhead

Hello. It's Day Six.
Do y'all remember, as kids, when our parents would tell us to find one, and stay in good company? Every time as a kid I had a new friend, or I came across someone new, the only question my parents would ask me about them is 'What do they want to be when they grow up?', 'Do you always have a good time with them?' and 'What do you like about them?'
I was a child. And those questions would irk me to no extent. I wanted friends. I wanted to have fun. What I didn't, for the life of me, in all me naivety at the age realise is that they were instilling in me the habit of asking myself these things about anyone I met in life. And I certainly don't mean to create grounds for any level of discrimination here. It certainly is constructive to ask yourself something so basic. And, I reckon it's alright if amongst a bunch of people you find yourself to be feeling stupid. Trust me, that company isn't going to let you feel that for longer. It's vital to know people who inspire you, and arouse even the smallest ambition. There's much to benefit from knowing people you feel always have something to teach you. I deliberately do not emphasise on learning something from them, because that is not what happens. Knowledge and passion is always heard; so such eclectic people know how to make themselves heard. I try to be around as many people as I can, regardless of how smart each one is. There's always something the other person will be better at than you or somebody else. And it's always beneficial to know something about everything, rather than knowing everything about just one topic.

A little off track, but that just sounded like the perfect analogy about architects and engineers. Architects know something about everything - we're very fruitful like that (Engineers, joke!)
So, all ye lads go on head first and find people who make you feel stupid. And, if you find someone staggering enough, you can write a poem about them, you're golden! Surround yourself with not what you think is cool. Because when Dickens and Hardy and Rowling are rocking your world, or Farida Khanum's voice makes you want to cry into your pillow at night, and you'll have no one to share about all such rudiment, yet things so full of substance, you'll wish you wouldn't have made the arid choice of choosing a company because it was cool. 

Until then.



Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
Ak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Three: 27

Blogmas 2020 Day One: Another, Please?

A Must Have!