BlogMas 2016 Day Eight - Little Ol' Little Bit

Hello. It's Day Eight. A day late, but here nonetheless. Last year, I did BlogMas all through my juries, and in all maybe three posts were a day late. So, those means, I reckon I'm fine right now.

As I did last year, I listed my favourite parts of the songs I'd listened to most last year. After a week full of BlogMas, I'll keep it simple and repeat the tradition. There might be a possibility some might be repeated. But, well, like YouTube, consider this my BlogMas Rewind.

Feel the spot, don't let it burn,
We all want, we all yearn,
Be soft, don't be stern

रहना  तू , है  जैसे  तू,
थोड़ा  सा दर्द  तू, थोड़ा सुकूं ,
रहना  तू , है  जैसे  तू,
धीमा धीमा झोंका, या फिर जूनून,
थोड़ा सा रेशम, तू हमदम , थोड़ा सा खुरदुरा,
कभी तो अड़ जाए , या लड़ जाए ,
या खुशबू से भरा 

And on the Lower East Side, you're dancing with me now,
And I'm taking pictures of you with flowers on the wall,
Think I like you best when you're dressed in black from head to toe

होंठ पे लिए हुए, दिल की बात हम,
जागते रहेंगे और, कितनी रात हम,
मुख़्तसर  सी बात है, तुमसे प्यार है,
तुम्हारा इंतज़ार है 

Ten thousand cars, ten thousand trains,
There are ten thousand roads to run away,
But I am not lost, I am not found,
I am not Dylan's wife, not Cohen's hound

यह मौसम, यह रात चुप हैं,
वो होंठों की बात चुप है,
ख़ामोशी सुनाने लगी, है दास्तान

The streets, the summers, the anonymity
Public transports, photobooths and galleries
The zoo, the parks, apartments, the rooftops,
Architecture, Hauptbahnhof, the balconies,
The winters, with me,
Alexander, you are my winter,
Alexander, Alexander
Alexander,
Alexander, you are my winter

क्या लगाई तुमने, यह कसम कसम से,
लो ठहर गए हम, कुछ कहो भी हमसे,
बन के न चलिए, तन के न चलिए, कहते है तुमसे हाँ,
तुम भी जलोगे, हाथ मलोगे, रूत के हमसे हाँ 

This last one isn't really a song, but a prelude to one of the ghazals from an album called Marasim, written by Gulzar and sung by Jagjit Singh. I think it came out late 90s, or maybe later. I used to love listening to it, and I heard it a lot, because my father loved listening to it. 

सुबह सुबह, ख्वाब की दस्तक पर  दरवाज़ा खोला,
देखा सरहद के उस पार से कुछ मेहमान आएं हैं,
आँखों से मानूस थे सारे, चेहरे सारे सुने सुनाये,
पाँव धोये, हाथ धुलाये, आँगन में आसन  लगवाए,
और तंदूर पे मक्की के कुछ मोटे मोटे  रोट  पकाये,
पोटली में मेहमान मेरे, पिछले सालों की 
फसलों का गुड़ लाये थे,
आँख खुली तो देखा घर में कोई नहीं था,
हाथ लगा कर देख तो तंदूर अभी तक बुझा नहीं था,
और होंठों पे मीठे गुड़ का ज़ायका अभी तक चिपक रहा था,
ख्वाब था शायद, ख्वाब ही होगा,
सरहद पर कल रात, सुना है, चली थी गोली,
सरहद पर कल रात, सुना है, कुछ ख्वाबों का खून हुआ है. 

Until then.



Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
Ak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Three: 27

Blogmas 2020 Day One: Another, Please?

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Four: Holy Night