BlogMas 2015 Day Nine! - Mediocrity

Hello, everybody! And it's BlogMas Day Nine!
I finally caught a couple hours of sleep at nine this morning, and went off on my work as usual by the afternoon. It feels like a hectic day, but until just Sunday night. I can almost bloody well smell a little relaxation from Monday onwards. I didn't anticipate how much time it'd actually take me to finish what I've been working on for today, so I reckon being here is a well-justified break for me. 

I'm sincerely and genuinely hoping with every fibre I possess that I finish the majority of work by Friday afternoon, so I can work during the weekend comfortably and not be stressed for the jury, come this Monday. But since I am me, stressing out is inevitable. Well, for most part.

Today I tweeted that "I'm understanding now why people are content with being average. There's safety in mediocrity." And I literally believe this. It struck me while working today, how laid back it is to be different in the world, but how obstinate it is to prove your mettle for being it in the first place. Clearly, people find it comfortable to live with the satisfaction of only themselves being the people who are aware just how off-beat they are. But, absolutely no ambition to introduce their contrastive self. I don't insinuate that ambition dictates how successful you are only if you have a million followers and are verified by social networking sites. Ambition depends on what you want to make of your unconformity, and if it is to do a lot of smaller, significant things in life, so be it!
And, embracing mediocrity becomes the only option when embracing being different is a task for some. But, trust me, honestly, once you do, it all gets a hell of a lot easier to act on it. 
Average is that slot in school and college where 70% of the people are scrunched in, not you. 
Be simple, not average. There's a difference.

Right now, I have to get back to work.
 Still in throes of editing my WordPress blog, and I'll post a link to you as soon as that's done. Also, I'll be a very occupied until Friday night with work and probably not tweet or snap or write much, and even if I post a day late, I'll not miss a day. Promise!
Until then.
Also, in case you don't follow me everywhere, you can find me at following places:
Instagram           Twitter
Snapchat: akankshash


http://finally-studio.com/


Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
Ak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Three: 27

Blogmas 2020 Day One: Another, Please?

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Four: Holy Night